Granola is the most delicious and addictive snack ever. This recipe is amazingly sweet and salty, healthy and so easy to make. It is loaded with protein, fiber, healthy fats and omega-3s and 6s. You won’t ever want to buy granola again.
Basics: oats, banana, honey, salt, cinnamon, nuts and vanilla.
Prep time: 8 mins
Cook time: 22 mins
Total time: 30 mins
Author: Minimalist Baker
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 3 cups organic rolled oats
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed (~1/2 cup)
- Preheat oven to 180ºC (350ºF)
- Mix the oats, cinnamon, salt and nuts together in a large bowl
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, warm the honey and vanilla extract. Once liquid, remove from heat and mix the mashed banana until well combined. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly onto one or two baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure you really spread it, so the mixture cooks evenly.
- Once the granola is visibly browned, remove from the oven and toss just a bit to let the heat escape. Cool completely on the baking sheet or in a heat-safe bowl. Store in a container or jar with an air-tight seal – it should keep for a couple weeks.
Note: The granola might look soft when you remove it from the oven, but as it cools down it will crisp up.
It’s delicious over milk, yogurt, your overnight porridge oats or just as a snack.
Please share your ideas, comments or pictures with us tagging #honestonion.