Who doesn’t love a burger? Especially with some good potato wedges on the side. YUM.
The inspiration for this burger came from a recipe on 24Kitchen, but I gave it a few tweaks and made it a bit more simple and healthier.
Basics: chicken breast, red onion, garlic, spices, avocado, tomato, coriander, ginger and lime.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Author: Honest Onion
Recipe type: Lunch, Dinner
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 2 tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar (Optional)
- Paprika or another meat rub you like
- 2 wholemeal rolls or another bread of your choice
Click here for the sweet potato wedges recipe.
- Grate a piece of ginger and 2 cloves of garlic over the chicken breasts, with a pinch of salt, pepper and paprika (or another meat rub you like).
- Slice the red onion and put it on an oven tray or pan over medium heat with a bit of olive oil.
- Let the onions start to get brown and set aside on the tray.
- Add the chicken breasts to the tray next to the onions and cook for 2 minutes each side to give them a good sear.
- Put the tray on the oven for about 20 minutes or until the onions have a good caramelization and the meat is cook all the way through.
- Meanwhile, you can start making your sauce: chop the avocado, tomatoes and coriander, put it in a bowl and squeeze in the lime juice. Add salt, pepper and a bit of balsamic vinagre (this is my little twist, you can use only the lime) to give a good kick of acidity. Mix it all together and taste to check the balance of flavors. Remember you can always add more, so start to add small quantities.
- Remove the meat from the oven.
- Toast your bread and start to assemble this beauty: chicken breast, the tomato and avocado sauce and caramelized onions on top.
- Serve with some sweet potato wedges and a dip that you fancy.
Yes, it tastes as good as it looks…
Honestly healthy, tasty and just YUM.
Any ideas for a good and healthy burger? Maybe a recipe for a great veggie one? Please take a photo and share it with us tagging #honestonion.