Ok, you can buy the pastry in the supermarket but it’s not the same, is it?
Basics: Eggs, flour, butter and water.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 25 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Author: Honest Onion
Recipe type: Lunch & Dinner
- 1-¾ cup plain wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 free range egg
- ¼ cup iced cold water
- Place the flour in a large bowl. Add the margarine (should be at room temperature, microwave it for 5 seconds if you need), the egg already beaten and the water
- Mix everything together and place the dough on a chopping or wood board forming into a ball
- Kneel the dough for 2-3 minutes and place it back in the bowl to chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheated oven set to 190ºC.
- Roll the pastry evenly with a rolling pin on a baking sheet and line it into a pie/quiche tin.
- Push the dough into the sides of the tin and trim around the edges passing the rolling pie over. Prick the pastry with a fork.
- Place the tin into the oven and let it bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven and set aside to cool.
Note: you can use wholemeal flour or plain flour.
You can use the pastry for this Mushroom, Spinach and Ricotta Quiche recipe.
2 Comments Add yours