Is there anything better than waking up late on a Sunday and treating yourself with an amazing, yet simple, brunch?
Nop, no there isn’t.
Basics: Eggs, avocado, hummus, feta, tomatoes and bread.
Total time: 20 m
Author: Honest Onion
Recipe type: Brunch/Breakfast/Light lunch
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 Avocado & 1 Lime
- Hummus (store bought or home made)
- Roasted tomatoes
- Toasted dark sourdough
- Start by roasting the tomatoes in the oven (season with a bit of salt and pepper);
- Then poach the eggs:
- Place a small pan of water to boil
- Tear a large piece of cling film
- Push cling film into a cup
- Crack 1 egg at a time into the cup
- Gather the cling film and roll it together, removing the air inside
- Place the eggs in boiling water for around 3, 4 minutes or until cook (depending how you like your eggs)
- Remove eggs from the heat and the cling film
Whilst the eggs are cooking, prepare the rest:
2. Toast the bread (rub a bit of garlic and drizzle with olive oil);
3. Slice the avocado (season with lime juice and a bit of salt);
4. In a bowl, season the feta cheese with a bit of olive oil, oregano and paprika;
5. Assemble everything, as per the picture below or as you fancy.
Poached eggs, hummus, avocado, feta… yes please!
You can even drizzle a bit of pesto on top! And yes, it is as easy and as tasty as it seems!