Extra protein Sweet Potato Chocolate Brownies!
That’s 5.6 grams of protein per brownie! This is such a treat, you will not feel guilty, at all.
Basics: Sweet potato, almond butter, oats, honey, cocoa & chocolate chips.
Total time: 30m
Author: Chocolate Covered Katie
Recipe type: Desserts & Sweets
- 2 sweet potatoes or 3/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup almonds (roughly cut)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp oats
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips + more for the top (optional)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 200ºC.
- Line a pan with parchment paper.
- Gently heat your almond butter until easily stirable.
- Whisk it together with the sweet potato and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients.
- Pour dry into wet (not the other way around) and smooth into the prepared pan.
- Use a second sheet of parchment to smooth it down evenly and add the rest of the chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove and let it rest before cutting it into portions.
- Sprinkle a bit of toasted coconut on top.
You can also add dried berries or other toppings.
Don’t forget to share this or any other of recipes using #honestonion.