A delicious version of the traditional pesto pasta.
We saw this recipe on Donna Hay’s Instagram and we had to give it a go.
It’s a delicious version of the traditional basil pesto, even if you’re not a fan of broccoli. Don’t forget that broccoli is really good for you! It’s high in fiber, it benefits digestion, the cardiovascular system and the immune system and it has anti-inflammatory preventing properties, etc, etc, etc.
Basics: Broccoli, pine nuts, parmesan, garlirc, lemon and olive oil.
Total time: 20 m
Author: Donna Hay
Recipe type: Lunch & Dinner
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 3/4 cups toasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tb grated lemon rind
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan
- Salt & Pepper
- 500 gr pasta
- Basil leaves to serve
- Place the broccoli, pine nuts, garlic, lemon zest and juice, oil, parmesan, salt and pepper in a food processor and process until roughly chopped. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, reserving ¾ cup (180ml) of the cooking liquid.
- Return the pasta and cooking liquid to the pan over medium heat, add the broccoli mixture and stir for 1–2 minutes or until well combined.
- Serve with parmesan and basil leaves on top.
Please share this or any of the other recipes with us using #honestonion.