This Black and Kidney Bean Chilli is an amazing Deliciously Ella recipe.
It’s delicious, cheap and so easy to make.
It’s one of those cozy winter dishes perfect to make during the week when you don’t have time and/or patience to cook.
It’s also a really good choice good when you have vegan/vegetarian friends coming over for dinner and you don’t know what to do.
Basics: Black-eyed beans, red kidney beans, carrots, passata and tomato purée.
Total time: 15m
Author: Deliciously Ella
Recipe type: Lunch & Dinner
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 600g passata
- 50g tomato purée
- 2 x 400g tins black-eyed beans
- 1 x 400g tin red kidney beans
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (add more if you like it extra spicy)
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt & pepper
- Brown rice, to serve
- 1 lime, to serve
- Place the grated carrots and garlic in a large saucepan.
- Add the passata, tomato purée and the beans to the saucepan.
- Season with chilli flakes, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 10 minutes, stirring it well.
- Pour the chilli over brown rice, squeeze a bit of lime and serve.
This is such a good comfort food. Don’t forget to keep your beans in stock so you can whisk this one up at any time.
Now that Winter is coming, you cannot have too many good/easy/cheap recipes, right?!
Please share this or any of the other recipes with us using #honestonion.