For many years now I have been telling my friend Noura that she should do a come back to her old rap/hip hop days.
Until that happens, I just convince her to cook for me.
I love my friends, particularly the ones that can cook and Noura has cooked some of the most delicious and comforting dishes that I can remember.
Of course, we had to invite Noura to do something special for the blog, especially because she was one of our friends who helped make Honest Onion come true.
On a London raining day (shocker!), Noura made her famous and delicious Tuna Lasagna. I must say, it’s one of my favorite dishes, it really brings back memories.
Basics: Lasagna sheets, tuna, spinach, tomato sauce, ricotta and mozzarella cheese.
Total time: 45 mins
Recipe type: Lunch and Dinner
- 1 onion
- Lasagna sheets
- 200 gr fresh spinach
- 2 cans tuna in springwater
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 250 gr ricotta cheese
- 100 gr mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper
- In a large frying pan heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil on medium high heat and add one small chopped onion.
- When the onion turns golden brown, add the spinach until it has wilted down.
- Add the tuna and season with salt and pepper. Let it cook for another 3-5 minutes. Turn off the heat and set aside.
- In the meantime, add a big pan full of water to medium-high heat. When the water starts to boil add the lasagna sheets – 3 or 4 at a time just for 5 seconds.
- On a baking tray, lay the lasagna sheets until it covers the bottom. Start by adding some of the tuna and spinach mixture, add a layer of ricotta cheese and another layer of the sheets. Keep repeating until you have the last layer of lasagna sheets. Sprinkle the top of the lasagna with mozzarella.
- Place the tray on a pre-heated oven and let it cook at 180ºC for 15-20m or until the mozzarella is brown.
PS: Noura has served her lasagna with a cheery tomato and olive salad. Great combination!
You know when a meal or a dish reminds you of a memorable moment? Noura’s dishes do that. What I like about these dishes is that they are all simple, pretty healthy and most of all, delicious. They have all marked me somehow, whether it was in a day I was feeling down, a great night in with friends or just that simple act of seeing someone cooking with love.
I guess that is the big secret. As they say: when you cook with love the food just tastes better.
Obrigada Noura ❤
(E Pimenta) 🙂
5 Comments Add yours
Looks delicious, well done Noura !
eheh well done indeed! It was delicious 😀 xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Miss you both, my Special Ones ❤
Miss you too!! ❤
Yummy looks amazing Noura!