The wholegrain cereal is rich in fiber, has high protein content and helps stabilize your blood sugar.
Pre or after a workout or just for a full on breakfast, porridge oats are just the best comfort breakfast ever and a great substitute of those ‘healthy wholegrain’ packed with sugar cereals that you have been eating in the morning.
Full of goodness, you can add fruits, seeds or nuts of your choice.
Basics: Oats, almond milk, egg, banana and cinnamon.
If you think that porridge oats are just flavorless, well, you are right BUT if you add banana and cinnamon that will give the oats some flavor and sweetness – the fruits and nuts on top will do the rest.
Total time: 15 mins
Author: Honest Onion
Recipe type: Breakfast & Snacks
- 1/2 cup of almond milk
- 6 tbsp oats
- 1 egg (or just the egg white)
- 1 ripe smashed banana
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- Place the oats and the milk in a large pan over medium heat and stir until the milk comes to a boil.
- Add the cinnamon and banana. Fold into the oats and keep stirring for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the egg white and mix it together with the oats until the whites are cooked.
- Add more milk if you like your porridge runnier or let it simmer for a bit longer if you like it more dry.
- Remove the porridge from the heat, place it in a bowl and add whatever toppings you want: fruit (berries, banana), honey, yogurt, seeds, granola, nuts, etc.
For this recipe we used banana, granola nuts and honey on top but you can always get creative and try some other ingredients.
So, say yes to porridge. Especially during Winter. This breakfast will be one of your Sunday favorites.
Please share your pictures with us tagging us or using #honestonion.
6 Comments Add yours
Just discovered your blog ❤ Looks so beautiful and I think I will become porridge addicted again because of you hehe Love, Anna xx
Aww, thank you so much Anna ❤ It means a lot to us! So happy you liked it. Keep up that porridge love 😉 xx
LikeLiked by 1 person
Eheh 🙂 xx
Sounds delish! If you’re interested, I host a link up every Tuesday with a great group of bloggers. I’d love for you to participate! There’s more info about it on my main menu under ‘Tell em Tuesdays.’
Kim | http://peeledwellness.com
Hello Kim! Thank you for inviting us ! We would love to participate 🙂 you can contact us on this email: email@example.com