Some say Energy Balls are the perfect snack.
Maybe because it is the perfect combination of nutritious, fast and affordable.
Plus it’s a healthy snack that you could have as a dessert! And this one you can have without feeling guilty…
You can have them before working out as well, they are a great boost of energy!
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 mins
Author: Joana Lourenço
Recipe type: Breakfast & Snacks
Serves: 20 small balls
- 1/2 cup of skinless almonds
- 1/3 cup of grated coconut (Or cashews if you prefer)
- 1 Tbsp of sesame seeds
- 16/18 pitted dates
- 2 Tbsp of cocoa powder
- 1 Tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
- Add the almonds to a pan over medium heat and let them toast.
- Add the grated coconut or cashews along with the sesame seeds to the pan and let them cook for a few minutes.
- Add the mixture to a food processor with the dates, vanilla extract, coconut oil and cinnamon until the dough is consistent enough.
- With your hands make small balls using the mixture. (You can wet your hands lightly so that the dough doesn’t stick to much)
For those with a sweet tooth, you can add cocoa or chocolate powder or grated coconut to your energy balls!
We are going to try this one for sure! Thank you for sharing it with us Joana!