Wrap it up!
Wraps are a bit like pasta, you can add whatever ingredients you like and it just works.
It’s a simple, quick and cheap meal to prepare, you just have to keep making delicious combinations and it can’t go wrong!
This is just an ideia of a combination that you can use. Try whatever combinations you like or add whatever ingredients you have on the fridge!
This is a mediterranean inspired wrap, these combinations are just divine: sweet red onions, salty feta cheese, zingy fresh lime and olives to balance everything… Thank you Greece!
Basics: Wrap, lettuce, tomato, red onion, feta cheese, olives, egg and lime.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Author: Honest Onion
Recipe type: Lunch & Dinner
- 2 wholewheat wraps
- Lettuce (just enough to cover the center of the wraps)
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 lime
- 50gr feta cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Add a pan to medium heat and let it boil. Add the egg and let it simmer for 5/7 minutes depending on how you like it cooked.
- Place the wraps one at a time in a non-stick pan on medium heat for 2 minutes each side. Remove from the heat and place both wraps on 2 separate big plates.
- Cover the center of the wraps with the lettuce. Add the tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese and olives.
- In the meantime the egg should be ready. Crack the outside under running cold water and chop the egg in half.
- Top the wraps with the egg, squeeze in the lime juice over the filling and finish with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Fold the bottom of the wrap and bring the left side towards the center pressing the filling in. Keep folding always pressing the mixture in.
- Cut it in half and serve it with some vegetable chips.
You can add tuna, it totally works. Or you can try something else with salmon and avocado, cucumber and red onion. Or prawns or chicken!
It’s hard to master the rolling part as you can see by the picture above… but don’t give up, you will get there eventually!
Do you have any ideas for a wrap? Please share it with us or tag us with #honestonion if you try this greek wrap!