Gordon Ramsay’s York and Albany Restaurant.
This lunch was a birthday gift. And a delicious one, what a beautiful meal from start to finish.
Pan-fried salmon fillet, Jersey royals, dill sauce.
Last week, I cooked it at home and took it to work.
A major hit.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Author: York and Albany
Recipe type: Lunches & Dinners
- 6-8 new potatoes, halved
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 chopped spring onions
- 1 lemon
- Natural yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 cloves garlic
- Olive oil
- Salt and peper
- Scrub the potatoes under running water. Half them and add them to a pan on medium heat with boiling water. Let it cook for 15 minutes or until you can run a knife throught it.
- Place the salmon on a large dish with the chopped garlics, salt, pepper and squeeze half the lemon.
- Place a grilling pan on medium heat for 2 minutes and add the salmon, skin down. The pan should be hot to give the salmon a crispy skin.
- Let it cook for 5 minutes or until the bottom of the salmon seems cook and turn the fillets over. Let it cook for another 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the heat and drain the water.
- In a bowl add 2 table spoons of natural yogurt, lemon, salt, pepper, the chopped spring onion and dill. Mix it together and pour it over the potatoes.
- Remove the salmon from the heat and serve it with a squeeze of lemon on top and extra dill.
Cheap, healthy and delicious.
Please share your photos with the hashtag #honestonion.