Pancakes in the morning.
Or in the afternoon. Pancakes are one of the breakfast classics.
This recipe is 100% healthy and packed with protein. It will get you going for the whole morning.
Basics: Oats, banana, eggs and cinnamon.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Author: Honest Onion
Recipe type: Breakfast & Snacks
Serves: 3-4 pancakes
- 6 teaspoons of organic rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 free range egg white (you can use the whole egg)
- 1 mashed ripe banana
- Choose your toppings: natural yogurt, berries, bananas, nuts, seeds, granola, honey
- Add a non-stick pan to the heat.
- Beat the egg white until airy (this will make the pancakes more fluffy).
- In a bowl, add the oats, cinnamon, the egg white and the mashed banana.
- Mix everything together.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. If you pan is not non-stick, spread just a bit of olive oil and wipe with a napkin.
- With a spoon, add the mixture into the pan, whatever size you fancy.
- After a couple of minutes, turn the pancakes over for another 2 minutes or until brown.
- Stack them all together, add yogurt on top and sprinkle with fruit, nuts, seeds and/or honey.
Note: We used ricotta instead of yogurt.
Banana and honey are also a great combination.
Let us know your favorite toppings.
Don’t forget to tag #honestonion if you use any of the recipes.