Sweet Potatos! ❤
Sweet potatoes are rich in beta-carotene which is converted to vitamin A in the body. Consuming foods rich in beta-carotene may reduce the risk of developing certain types of cancer, offer protection against asthma and heart disease and delay aging and body degeneration. And always keep the skin on – the skin contributes significant amounts of fiber and potassium.
So, a bunch of good stuff.
Basics: sweet potato, salt, thyme, olive oil
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
Total time: 50 mins
Author: Honest Onion
Recipe type: Lunch and Dinner, Snacks
- 1 large sweet potato
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200ºC (400ºF).
- Scrub the sweet potato under running water to remove all of the dirt.
- Cut off the ends of the sweet potato and then cut it in half, then lengthwise and finally into wedges.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a large non sticking tray. Make sure they are spread out. If it’s too crowed, use 2 trays.
- Sprinkle the olive oil, salt and thyme. Mix well to combine and place the tray on the middle rack of the oven.
- After 20 minutes give it a toss. Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes, or until they are well browned, it will depend on your oven.
- Remove the trey from the oven and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
Note: if you place the tray on the top rack of your oven it will dry out the potatoes. If it’s on the bottom rack, it will boil the potatoes and the wedges will not crisp up.
Serve it with a simple natural yogurt, salt and lime dip, salsa or tzatziki.
If you make them, please take a photo and tag #honestonion.
One Comment Add yours