Fried, scrambled, soft boiled, hard boiled, poached…
Eggs in the morning are the best.
This recipe is based on the silken omelette from Jamie Oliver’s book ‘Everyday Super Food’.
Basics: Eggs, Spinach, Milk, Tomato and Mozzarella
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Author: Jamie Oliver
Recipe type: Breakfast
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1 hand full of mozzarella (or parmesan)
- 1 hand full of Spinach
- 1 tomato
- 2 slices of rye bread (you can use wholemeal or multiseeded)
- Add 2 eggs into a bowl, add the milk, a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk everything together.
- In a frying pan, add 1 table spoon of olive oil and when the pan is hot, add the eggs and sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- With a wooden spoon, start to scrape the sides and involve the eggs together until all the egg is cook but still moist.
- Toast your bread slices, add the spinach and eggs on top.
- Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve with sliced tomato on the side.
It’s also delicious with smoked salmon and ricotta cheese…
So easy and delicious. What a great way to start the day.
If you cook it please take a photo and share it tagging #honestonion.